Covid-19 Reopening Protocols
Shawwāl 10, 1441
June 2, 2020
Al salāmu ‘alaikum wa rahmatullāh
We hope this message finds you and your family in the best of health. Please be advised that, pursuant to approval from the Executive Council and the Board of Religious Services, Masjid al Salaam will reopen for the general public on Monday, June 8, 2020 inshā’Allah. While we are excited to reopen and welcome you back to the Masjid, it is extremely important that we all follow the guidelines set forth below in order to ensure a smooth and safe reopening experience for everyone.
What we are doing to keep you safe
Masjid al Salaam is committed to maintaining the highest level of cleanliness and sanitization practices in accordance with guidelines from the BC Centre for Disease Control. We have increased the frequency with which we clean all hard surface floors and high touch surfaces, using chemicals recommended by the BCCDC. For everyone’s safety, at this time we have limited the area of the building accessible to the public to just the main prayer areas, the ground floor lobby, and the underground parkade. We kindly ask that you follow the signage posted at the Masjid for entry and exit protocols.
What we expect from you
- For the 5 daily salāh, the Masjid will open 5 minutes before the adhān and close 5 minutes after the salāh. We ask that you be on time and not remain on the premises after the Masjid closes. For up to date information on adhān and iqāmah times, please visit our website www.bcmaburnaby.org
- Always maintain a distance of 6 feet from everyone around you
- Bring your own clean prayer mat [very important]
- Sanitize your hands using the sanitizer provided at the entrance and throughout the Masjid
- Before entering the prayer area, please provide your name and phone number on the entry log. We will only share this information with health officials if they require it for contact tracing purposes
- Place your clean prayer mat 6 feet apart from your neighbour as indicated by the markings on the floor of the prayer area
- We strongly encourage you perform wudū prior to your arrival; we strongly discourage the use of the washrooms and wudū areas
Due to the limit imposed by the health authorities, only 150 individuals will be permitted to attend Jumu’ah salāh. At this time registration has been suspended until further notice.
Masjid doors will open 10 minutes before the adhān on Friday and will close once we have reached capacity. Security guards will admit only those individuals who have registered.
First Jumu’ah Salāh: 1:30 PM | Second Jumu’ah Salāh: 2:30 PM
- Children under the age of 16 are not permitted on the premises at any time
- We will be accomodating sisters for Jumu’ah salāh.
- Masjid al Salaam administration reserves the right to refuse entry to anyone exhibiting symptoms of illness or for any other reason.
- Failure to abide by the protocols set forth above may result in immediate removal from Masjid premises and/or a subsequent ban on attendance for an indefinite period.
- While pre-registration is not required to attend the 5 daily salāh, Masjid al Salaam will be required to limit access to the building once the number of attendees reaches 175.
- Due to the quickly changing nature of the pandemic and guidelines issued by the health authorities, we encourage you to remain up to date on procedures and protocols by visiting our website www.bcmaburnaby.org/covid-19
We appreciate your cooperation during our gradual reopening. May Allah accept our worship and forgive our shortcomings. Āmīn